That’s The Cake Bakery is not responsible for the cake once it leaves our location. We will not replace or refund damaged cakes not caused by anyone not associated with That’s The Cake..
If you plan to pick up, here are a few important tips:
• Bring an enclosed, air-conditioned vehicle with a flat/level surface to set the cake on. (Seats and laps are not level!) A minivan, SUV, station wagon or hatchback are best.
• CLEAR vehicle space of loose objects that could fall onto or roll into the cake.
• Keep cake as cold as possible during transport, and away from sunlight.
• Drive carefully. Turns, stops and starts should be performed in an EXAGGERATEDLY SLOW manner. Avoid bumps, jiggling, hills, and use a very slow speed on curves.
• If it helps, visualize that you are driving with an open bucket of grape juice, and you must not slosh it whatsoever! Other drivers will give you the evil eye… that is okay; they can go around you!
• Any cakes not delivered by That’s The Cake Bakery prior to your event will require immediate refrigeration unless specifically directed otherwise by That’s The Cake Bakery. Long periods at room temperature, especially outdoors in Texas weather may weaken the structure of the cake and risks damaging the quality and overall stability. Extended periods of non-refrigeration also increase the risk of food borne illness and are not recommended.
I understand the risk involved in transporting my own cake and agree to take full responsibility for any damage that occurs once the cake leaves That’s The Cake Bakery.